1Choose your package
Whale Shark Swim & Eco Tour on a Powerboat - Shoulder Season (August, September, October)
Whale sharks are frequent visitors to the Ningaloo Reef, even after the official whale shark season is over. This means that on board our Eco Tours which run from August to October guests will also have the opportunity to swim with the whale sharks during the shoulder season, when sighted by our spotter plane.
The Ningaloo Reef is alive with marine wildlife during the month of August and on any given day Mother Nature may present the opportunity to view or swim with Manta Rays, Whale Sharks, Humpback Whales, Turtles, dugongs, dolphins and a huge variety of tropical fish and corals.
We offer guests the most stable and comfortable viewing platforms to view and interact with this wildlife from the decks of our 56ft luxuriously appointed Powerboat. Join us for a day out on “Investigator” as we set sail through the shallow turquoise lagoons and along the back of the stunning Ningaloo Reef whilst stopping to take advantage of whatever spectacular wildlife comes our way.
Your day includes the opportunity to snorkel the reef, view Humpback Whales, spot turtles, dolphins and dugongs. If the opportunity presents itself to swim with a Humpback Whale or Whale Shark the option is there to upgrade onboard on the day for an additional "Humpback Whale/Whale Shark Swim Fee" of $50 cash per person. We also often encounter the curious and interactive Manta Rays and do our best to get you for a swim with these inquisitive and majestic creatures at no extra charge. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our Stand Up paddle Boards or a kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef.
Our amazing itinerary for the day:
- Starting from 7:45am, you will be picked up from your accommodation and taken out to Australia Blue where you will be greeted by our friendly crew and fitted with masks, snorkels, fins and wetsuits.
- Moments later immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of Ningaloo Reef at one of our beautiful snorkel spots in the sheltered lagoon. Here you will see an array of corals and colourful fish, sometimes even turtles and rays! Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before swimming with any marine life.
- Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for any marine life in the area, anything the pilot finds, we will get you up close with the boat to observe. If a Humpback Whale, Whale Shark or Manta Ray is spotted the pilot, skipper and crew will asses the conditions and if deemed suitable, guests will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and we will do our best to get you interacting with them in the water!
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the reef in search of any other wildlife that may be around on the day.
- Now we head back inside the lagoon where the water is turquoise blue and anchor up at a new special spot on the reef for another snorkel. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our Stand Up Paddle Boards or a Glass Bottom Kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef.
- Relax with some refreshing afternoon tea and a glass of sparkling wine on our way back to shore before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accomodation.
- The experience lives on as we will provide you will all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!!!
- Full day tour, 7:45am - 4pm
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with marine life the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with marine life such as Humpback Whales, Whale Sharks and Manta Rays!
- Small groups when swimming with marine life to ensure everyone gets a great experience
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
- Please note: 2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments
What should I bring?We provide so much that all we recommend you bring is the following:
- Your excitement and positivity!
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it
See what our guests say about us!Don't take our word for it! Check out our Tripadvisor Page and see what other travellers have said. We pride ourselves on all our amazing reviews and would love you to take a look for yourself!
- alarm Duration: 540
- person Age: All Ages
- people Group Size: Min 1
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $195.00pp
Come and join us for an experience that you’ll never forget – that’s exactly what’s in store when you pay us a visit! Providing you with the perfect opportunity to swim with some of the biggest fish in the sea, you’ll be able to witness first-hand the truly stunning World Heritage listed Ningaloo Reef. Whether its snorkelling with whale sharks, interacting with manta rays, or encountering an array of colourful fish, you’ll be able to enjoy all of this and more when you join us for an experience. When you go Whale Watching and swimming in Exmouth, you’ll be in for a day to remember – with qualified tuition and all your equipment provided when you climb on board our state-of-the-art catamaran.
- All Equipment
- Refreshments Available
- Full Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Animal Encounter at Exmouth?
The minimum age for Animal Encounter at Exmouth is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Animal Encounter session at Exmouth last?
The average Animal Encounter session at our Exmouth centre is 8 hours 50 minutes.
Is Animal Encounter Exmouth open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Animal Encounter is busiest at the weekend - and our Exmouth centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Animal Encounter Exmouth open for bookings at weekends?
Animal Encounter at Exmouth is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Animal Encounter bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Animal Encounter Exmouth center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Animal Encounter locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Animal Encounter Exmouth center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Animal Encounter Exmouth?
Yes you can buy Animal Encounter Exmouth gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Animal Encounter Exmouth vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Animal Encounter Exmouth?
The Animal Encounter Exmouth center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Animal Encounter centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Animal Encounter at Exmouth?
The average package price of Animal Encounter at Exmouth $256.60. The lowest price is $195.00 with the most expensive option being $300.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
94 LocationsRedeem at 94 Animal Encounter Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 94 Animal Encounter locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your GeronigoÂ® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Venue Ref: 1010888-268