Maria Island is a special place with something for everyone - historic ruins, sweeping bays, rugged cliffs and mountains, and remarkable wildlife. Laying just off the East Coast, the island is easily accessed by ferry. Once on the island, you will discover a place where there are no motor vehicles, no shops and no worries.
We only accept guests aged 10 years or older. The price break down is - Adult aged 18-64, Concession is for people aged 65+ or a tertiary school student. The child price is for guests aged 10 - 17. Anyone younger than 10 will not be allowed to travel.
- Tour departs the Hobart Travel and Information Centre (Corner of Davey and Elizabeth St) at 7:20 AM
- For guests meeting us in Triabunna, please meet out the front of the Tribaunna information centre by 8:40 AM
- Start the day with rural farmland and coastal drive to the fishing town of Triabunna, board the scenic Encounter Maria Island Ferry, offering sweeping views along the way and if lucky, dolphins, seals, whales and sea birds.
- Enjoy a morning Tea/Coffee on the ferry - we view the map and give welcome to the Island.
- Spend the morning walking to the Fossil Cliffs (1.5-hours loop), enjoying the views of Bishop and Clerk and watching the local wildlife in their natural environment. Kangaroos laze around in the open grazing lands.
- Explore the World Heritage-listed convict station of Darlington, learn the fascinating stories of convicts at the edge of the world!
- Picnic lunch will be served inside convict 'mess hall', on the penitentiary balcony or another pretty spot along the way.
- The afternoon will be spent walking to the vibrant Painted Cliffs (1.5-hour return) and learning about the rich natural and cultural history of the island. Get up close with the unique patterns of this pretty sandstone outcrop.
- After the walk, relax with a glass of local wine and keep an eye out for more wombats!
- Guided by qualified eco-guides, you will experience 'Maria' like a local.
- Return to Hobart between 5:30, traffic depending.
Walking time: 4 hours | Walking distance: 9KM
Track Rating: 2, involves hardened formed tracks, short hill section, cliff edge
Terrain: Beach, coastal, some hills
Food/Drink: morning tea/coffee, picnic lunch, a glass of wine, water.
- alarm Duration: 600
- person Age: All Ages
- people Group Size: Min 1 Max 6
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $175.00pp
- All Equipment
- Refreshments Available
- Tea / Coffee
- Full Instruction
- Licensed bar
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Eco Tours at New Town?
The minimum age for Eco Tours at New Town is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Eco Tours session at New Town last?
The average Eco Tours session at our New Town centre is around 10 hour.
Is Eco Tours New Town open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Eco Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our New Town centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Eco Tours New Town open for bookings at weekends?
Eco Tours at New Town is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Eco Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Eco Tours New Town center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Eco Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Eco Tours New Town center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Eco Tours New Town?
Yes you can buy Eco Tours New Town gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Eco Tours New Town vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
What is the postcode for Eco Tours New Town?
The postcode for Eco Tours New Town is New Town TAS 7008. Please note that sometimes our Eco Tours centers are difficult to find from a postcode and satnav. We will supply detailed directions to Eco Tours New Town on your booking receipt.
Where is Eco Tours New Town?
The Eco Tours New Town center is located at the following address: 10 Augusta Rd, New Town TAS 7008, Australia. Please note that sometimes our Eco Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Eco Tours at New Town?
The average package price of Eco Tours at New Town $175.00. The lowest price is $175.00 with the most expensive option being $175.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
62 LocationsRedeem at 62 Eco Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 62 Eco Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your GeronigoÂ® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Other Experiences at this location
Venue Ref: 1011128-248