Tour departs each morning from the Hobart Travel and Information Centre around 7:20 AM. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to departure.
Cape Hauy - Thursday
- Departs Hobart Travel and Information Centre (20 Davey Street) - 7:30 am
- Scenic drive to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, via the seaside towns of Dunalley & Eagle Hawk Neck, learning the harsh convict history from this natural prison.
- Enjoy morning tea with hot coffee/tea, fruit and trail snacks, while overlooking the map for the days walk.
- The hike to Cape Hauy is a 9KM return walk. The first section is a great warm-up for the day. The trail work is some of the best in the country, pleasantly placed rock steps, skirting the coastline then winding up in-land.
- Cape Hauy is the last leg of the newly opened Three Capes Track, jutting out into the Tasman Sea, the track concludes on the cliff's edge, 100m above the water. Enjoy panoramic views to Cape Pillar, Hippolyte Rock and Maria Island.
- View spectacular dolerite columns popular with dare-devil climbers. Gaze over the sea stack known as the "Totem Pole".
- On returning to Fortescue Bay, enjoy an afternoon lunch by the beach. Soak your toe in the water, have a swim or walk the beach before we hit the road home.
- Arrive back to Hobart approx. 5:30 PM
Walking time: 4 hours
Walking distance: 9KM
Track Rating: 4 - involves many rock-stairs, undulating terrain, exposed cliff lines, board walked with easy signed tracks.
Terrain: Beach, rock stairs, gravel paths, coastal.
Food/Drink: Morning tea: plunger coffee/herbal tea, trail snacks, afternoon picnic lunch.
Hartz Mountains - Friday
- Leave Hobart (from the Hobart Travel and Information Centre) at 7:30am
- Drive 1.5 hours, along the wide and meandering Huon River, through apple and cherry orchards to Hartz Mountain National Park, a section of Tasmania's Wilderness World Heritage Area (TWWHA).
- Enjoy Morning tea at Waratah lookout, viewing the Wellington Range while going over the map for the days' hike.
- Walk begins through gently undulating alpine plateau, passed two alpine glacial lakes, the larger Lake Esperance and picturesque Ladies Tarn, On the way back, it is possible to have a swim (weather permitting).
- From the halfway point, Hartz Pass, the trail enters the Dolerite Rock slopes. This section extends to the summit of Hartz peak and involves 2 steep sections with uneven terrain and some loose rocks to balance on.
- On the summit we are rewarded with 360-degree views, encompassing the Wellington Range, Federation Peak, Western and Eastern Arthur Range, Precipitous Bluff, Mount Field and many more, as well as the Huon River and the southern ocean to the south-east. Weather permitting we will have a picnic-style lunch on the summit.
- We then hike back along the returning track.
Walking distance: 8km
Track Rating: 4: Involves rough rock-stairs, undulating terrain, exposed mountain top, board walked with easy signed tracks.
Food/Drinks: Morning tea: fruit/plunger coffee/tea, trail snacks, picnic lunch
- alarm Duration: 2880
- person Age: All Ages
- people Group Size: Min 1 Max 6
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $220.00pp
- All Equipment
- Refreshments Available
- Tea / Coffee
- Full Instruction
- Licensed bar
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Overnight Experiences at New Town?
The minimum age for Overnight Experiences at New Town is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Overnight Experiences session at New Town last?
The average Overnight Experiences session at our New Town centre is 48 hours 20 minutes.
Is Overnight Experiences New Town open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Overnight Experiences is busiest at the weekend - and our New Town centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Overnight Experiences New Town open for bookings at weekends?
Overnight Experiences at New Town is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Overnight Experiences bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Overnight Experiences New Town center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Overnight Experiences locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Overnight Experiences New Town center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Overnight Experiences New Town?
Yes you can buy Overnight Experiences New Town gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Overnight Experiences New Town vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Overnight Experiences New Town?
The Overnight Experiences New Town center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Overnight Experiences centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Overnight Experiences at New Town?
The average package price of Overnight Experiences at New Town $220.00. The lowest price is $220.00 with the most expensive option being $220.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
40 LocationsRedeem at 40 Overnight Experiences Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 40 Overnight Experiences locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your GeronigoÂ® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Venue Ref: 1011128-272