1Choose your package
Join our friendly and experienced dive guides and divemasters for our guided shore dives. Most of our shore diving sites reach a maximum depth of 18 metres, making them suitable for all divers including Open Water Divers.
- We are the closest dive shop to Bare Island, arguably Sydney's most popular dive site, just ten minutes from our front door.
- Single or double dives available!
- All scuba diving equipment is available for hire.
- Free transport is provided to the dive site.
- Knowledgable and experienced dive guides and divemasters.
THE EXPERIENCEOur Guided Shore Dives typically meet at our store at 10am weekdays and 8am weekends. This gives us plenty of time to organise equipment before heading out. With our dive shop being located so close to the water, we have many options for our shore dives, our main dive spot being Bare Island.
- Bare Island: The eastern side of the island usually has the best visibility, however it is more open to weather and swell than the western side. There is great variety of sea life at Bare and you'll be surprised at what you see regardless of which side of the island you dive! Weedy sea dragons, nudibranchs, blue groper, giant cuttlefish as well as plenty of colourful sponges and soft corals. Sometimes you might also see blue devil fish, turtles (in the warmer months) and possibly even a stray grey nurse shark (very rare). The depth at Bare ranges from 3 to 15 metres.
- Malabar Beach: A nice and easy dive site, Malabar is relatively protected from the weather making it accessible under most conditions. The depths here reach a maximum of 8 metres.
- Gordons Bay: A protected aquatic reserve and very popular dive site situated between Coogee Beach and Clovelly Pool. The dive site is protected by an offshore reef and a series of chains throughout the bay form a divers nature trail. The total distance of the trail is 620 metres with an approximate swimming time of 30 to 45 minutes. The deepest point is 14 metres and the bottom is covered in kelp fields, which are punctuated by boulders and sandy patches. A few eastern blue groupers can usually be found hanging around the rocks on the northern side of the bay, and other species you are likely to encounter include old wives, red morwong, spotted goatfish, different types of wrasse including painted rainbow wrasse, striped sea pike, leatherjacket, eastern fox fish, bullseye, mado, garfish, silver sweep and sergeant baker.
- Kurnell: One of Sydney’s top spots, Kurnell is best dived on an incoming tide as the fresh water brings in better visibility. There are a few spots to dive from and being tidal, Kurnell allows the possibility for some of the best drift dives around.
- Camp Cove: A small beach less than a kilometre from the southern entrance to Sydney Harbour, the main advantage at Camp Cove is the accessibility to the huge variety of marine life found in Sydney waters. Interesting species include eastern blue grouper, leatherjackets, octopus, cuttlefish, seahorses and weedy sea dragons. Goatfish, mado, sergeant bakers, red morwong, maori wrasse, yellow tail, schools of damselfish and luderick are also common and for the macro lovers, a keen eye and a slow dive will also spot tube worms, hermit crabs, sea urchins, sponges, and beautiful sea anemone.
- Be certified as an SSI Open Water Diver / SSI Junior Open Water Diver, or hold an equivalent certification from another recognised certification agency.
- Must be able to show proof of having dived in the last 12 months.
- alarm Duration: 180
- person Age: All Ages
- people Group Size: Min 1
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $79.00pp
- All Equipment
- Full Training
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Scuba Diving at Botany?
The minimum age for Scuba Diving at Botany is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Scuba Diving session at Botany last?
The average Scuba Diving session at our Botany centre is 14 hours 30 minutes.
Is Scuba Diving Botany open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Scuba Diving is busiest at the weekend - and our Botany centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Scuba Diving Botany open for bookings at weekends?
Scuba Diving at Botany is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Scuba Diving bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Scuba Diving Botany center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Scuba Diving locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Scuba Diving Botany center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Scuba Diving Botany?
Yes you can buy Scuba Diving Botany gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Scuba Diving Botany vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Scuba Diving Botany?
The Scuba Diving Botany center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Scuba Diving centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Scuba Diving at Botany?
The average package price of Scuba Diving at Botany $229.00. The lowest price is $79.00 with the most expensive option being $499.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
55 LocationsRedeem at 55 Scuba Diving Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 55 Scuba Diving locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your GeronigoÂ® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Venue Ref: 1011726-17