If you love nature and the water, then this is the perfect tour for you!Within an ancient rainforest, step into the cool, crystal clear water and drift with the current as you explore life under the water’s surface.
Watch fish dart in and around the river stones and keep your eyes out for the occasional turtle.
This family friendly tour is the perfect way to stay cool in the hot tropics, and a great introduction to snorkelling before heading out to the reefs. Small children can journey down the river on large river sleds.
Safe, fun and relaxing. All wetsuits and snorkelling gear are provided, along with an experienced instructor accompanying you on this unique journey. Combine it with a full day tour up to Cape Tribulation, or as an easy half day adventure.
Suitable for all ages in the dry season and strong swimmers in the wet. Please inquire upon booking for current conditions. ‘Always Go-with-a-Guide‘ as this assure your safety and the best experience possible.
As seen on the TV travel show ‘Getaway’ and used as the location for the Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg series ‘The Pacific’ this amazing Eco-immersion adventure is a must try.
* Judged the #1 Adventure Journey by Australian Geographic Magazine
* The top 50 Adventures of a lifetime by The Age Newspaper
RIVER SNORKELLING REQUIREMENTS
- Maximum weight to join tour is 120kg/264lb **Exceptions can be made at our discretion**
- Not recommended if pregnant
- Must be able to walk easily over uneven surfaces and through moving water
- Ability to walk/step up tree roots to exit
- Minimum age to participate is 3* (*dependant on conditions). Children aged 3-8 must wear a PFD
- Max wetsuit size 3XL, Max shoe size US 13
- Complimentary pickup & drop off
- Wetsuit, boots & snorkelling gear
- Prescription masks (limited)
- All Safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear to wear under the wetsuit
- Towel Camera (can be placed in dry bag)
- Any personal medications
- Cancellations outside of 72 hours from departure — no charge
- Cancellations within 48-72 hours before departure — 50% charge
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before departure, or no show — 100% cancellation fee applies
- Date changes are free of charge, but must be received by email or phone, 48 hours prior to tour departure
- All changes are subject to availability and made at the discretion of the operator
- Rain can influence the safety and overall enjoyment of this tour. If we cancel a trip any monies will be refunded in full
- alarm Duration: 180
- person Age: All Ages
- people Group Size: Min 1 Max 12
- insert_chart Weight: Up To 135kg
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $105.00pp
- Beginners Welcome
- All Equipment Provided
Whether it’s exploring a variety of impressive landscapes and environments or enjoying a Snorkelling session in a crystal-clear rainforest river, we are able to offer all of this and more. Suitable for a birthday, special occasion, or just a fun day out with friends, embarking on an epic adventure with us ensures a truly memorable experience. Guided throughout your session by our friendly team of qualified staff, you will receive full tuition which means you’ll be left in the best hands. When you come for an Adventure Tour with us, everything that you need to enjoy your experience from start to finish is provided throughout. Just bring yourself and a sense of adventure, and you’ll be good to go!
- All Equipment
- Full Instruction
- Refreshments Available
- Ful Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Snorkelling at Port Douglas?
The minimum age for Snorkelling at Port Douglas is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Snorkelling session at Port Douglas last?
The average Snorkelling session at our Port Douglas centre is around 3 hour.
Is Snorkelling Port Douglas open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Snorkelling is busiest at the weekend - and our Port Douglas centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Snorkelling Port Douglas open for bookings at weekends?
Snorkelling at Port Douglas is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Snorkelling bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Snorkelling Port Douglas center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Snorkelling locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Snorkelling Port Douglas center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Snorkelling Port Douglas?
Yes you can buy Snorkelling Port Douglas gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Snorkelling Port Douglas vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
What is the postcode for Snorkelling Port Douglas?
The postcode for Snorkelling Port Douglas is Mossman Gorge QLD 4873. Please note that sometimes our Snorkelling centers are difficult to find from a postcode and satnav. We will supply detailed directions to Snorkelling Port Douglas on your booking receipt.
Where is Snorkelling Port Douglas?
The Snorkelling Port Douglas center is located at the following address: Mossman Gorge Rd, Mossman Gorge QLD 4873, Australia. Please note that sometimes our Snorkelling centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Snorkelling at Port Douglas?
The average package price of Snorkelling at Port Douglas $105.00. The lowest price is $105.00 with the most expensive option being $105.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
18 LocationsRedeem at 18 Snorkelling Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 18 Snorkelling locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your GeronigoÂ® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Venue Ref: 1010520-280