1Choose your package
Are your kids keen to Get Wet? Our kids only surf lessons are for little frothers who want to try their hand at shredding without those pesky adults killing their mojo.
These classes are for 6 to 12 year olds and they are run throughout school holidays. They run 3 mornings a week (and more often during peak times) and on Saturday mornings throughout the school terms. Kids only classes are run with an even lower coach-to-participant ratio of 4:1 to ensure maximum amounts of both safety and fun!
- 2 hours learn to surf experience
- maximum 4 participants per instructor
- all equipment included
- lessons held at
8am every Saturday, more frequently during school holidays: Tuesday and
Thursday & Saturday, and even more regularly during peak periods
- approx. 1 hour 20 min of water time
- complimentary transport from Surfers Paradise to the best beach on
the Gold Coast (we allow one parent to come in the shuttle but other
must be reserved for other surfers)
- $63 per 2 hour session
- 3 lesson package: $150
- Private lessons (See private lesson rates)
RATES: Slight rate increase as of the 1st April 2020
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: We appreciate our team members so in line with fair work agreements all of our staff are paid public holiday rates, so a surcharge will be applied to lessons onofficial Queensland public holidays, we hope you respect our policy.
Who can join this class?
- Any child between 6 and 12 years
- Children under 6 we recommend a private lesson
- No swimming ability necessary. The lesson is conducted in waist deep water but you must be strong enough to hold onto your own surf board (parents may assist with this)
- All levels of fitness are welcome to join as you can participate at your own pace
- Any child with a medical condition or previous injury are recommended to seek the advice of your physician
What to expect!
- Arrive at our trailer at the Spit just 5 min before the lesson. If we are picking you up you need to be at the pick-up location at the time you have been informed, we do everything we can to get to the beach on time.
- Get Ready. We really need you to be in your swim wear when you arrive so we can get the class started on time. We will check you in, make sure everyone has arrived, grab a rashie/ wet suit and board and head down to the beach. Mum or Dad can jump in and help with carrying the board if you like but we do pair up the kids to make it easier for them to carry.
Get Started: This is where you have to listen, the instructors will run through a really important safety brief about the conditions you are surfing in on that day followed by some really easy techniques to help you get up on the board as easily as possible and maximise your vertical time on the board and of course how to fall off safely. Once the instructors are confident that you are all good to go, its then time to...
Get Wet: This is what you came for. The instructors will take the group down to the water together, before your big toe goes in they will run through the formation they need you to stay in so everyone gets a great crack at it and the instructors can give you tips. If you are doing what these expert instructors are telling you should be pretty much standing on your first or second wave!
- Get Vertical: At first the instructors will help by pulling you onto the best waves, but it won’t be long before you can pick your own and go for it. Some people learn faster than others for one reason or another, but the instructors are there to help everyone achieve the best they can. We do appreciate that some children may get tired or cold during the lesson, so the instructors may chose to come out of the water and do some warm up activities with them.
Get Sharing: after a good hour and 20 min (if you can last that long) in the water you should be tired, satisfied and have a big smile on your face, met some new friends and want to tell the world. It’s now time for the Instagram group pic so you can share with your friends. if the conditions are good and everyone has been catching lots of waves the instructors will do their best to grab some photos of you ripping, after the group photo we will all head back to the carpark and they will show you their happy snaps on the lappy, if you like what you see and want to grab them for your next face book profile pic you can grab a USB with all of your shots for just $25.** the instructors will do everything they can to get some good shots of you but sometimes it’s just not possible- they will not compromise your safety for a photo. If you have prepaid and we don’t manage to get photos you will be offered a refund on the photo price.
- Get Dry: you will be a little salty and sandy so if you want to have a quick rinse off now is the time to nip off quickly to one of the outdoor fresh water showers and bathrooms and freshen up and get dry. Time to say good bye to your new mates and if you LOVED it, chat to the instructors about coming back for some more with discounted further lesson packages.
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Surfing at Seaworld Dr?
The minimum age for Surfing at Seaworld Dr is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Surfing session at Seaworld Dr last?
The average Surfing session at our Seaworld Dr centre is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Is Surfing Seaworld Dr open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Surfing is busiest at the weekend - and our Seaworld Dr centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Surfing Seaworld Dr open for bookings at weekends?
Surfing at Seaworld Dr is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Surfing bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Surfing Seaworld Dr center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Surfing locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Surfing Seaworld Dr center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Surfing Seaworld Dr?
Yes you can buy Surfing Seaworld Dr gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Surfing Seaworld Dr vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Surfing Seaworld Dr?
The Surfing Seaworld Dr center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Surfing centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Surfing at Seaworld Dr?
The average package price of Surfing at Seaworld Dr $130.33. The lowest price is $63.00 with the most expensive option being $260.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
52 LocationsRedeem at 52 Surfing Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 52 Surfing locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Venue Ref: 1011918-13