An enchanting boat cruise to visit WA’s largest colony of “little penguins” on their very own island, and the spirited dolphins and canal front homes of Mandurah.
- After your Perth city accommodation pickup travel south through suburbia in an air-conditioned coach to travel to Rockingham area. Take a short ferry ride across Shoalwater Bay to Penguin Island to see the star attraction – the little penguins- the smallest species in the world in their habitat & home away from home. Penguin Island has many geographical features, such as cliffs, small sea caves, headlands, beaches, coves, notches and natural bridges. There are also numerous wave-cut platforms. Significant areas of Penguin Island include North Rock, Pelican Bluff, North Beach, McKenzies Well, South Beach, Abalone Point, and Surfers Beach
- Explore the Island and the marine park, which abounds with other wildlife including wild dolphins, sea lions, stingrays, pelicans, king skinks and over 50 species of seabirds.
- Relax, near the crystal clear waters of Shoalwater Bay or enjoy a short walk on the island (time permitting).
- Visit the Penguin Discovery Centre to catch the exciting morning Penguin Feed show where the little fairy penguins are fed fresh fish individually by the islands rangers in their specially built enclosure.
- Keep an eye out for nesting pelicans & other sea birds up close especially September & October when their chicks are hatching.
- Take photos of these little penguins. Roam around for a while before we board the ferry to return to the mainland. Enjoy the freshness of nature, the ocean waves and sound of nature.
- After an interesting time on the island, we cruise back to the mainland and head south to the City of Mandurah.
- On reaching Mandurah enjoy a boat cruise to watch playful dolphins in their natural habitat. Dolphins are wild mammals and are very fun loving and frolicking along the cruise boats. They swim in their pods and are numbered to be over 100 in Mandurah in full breeding season. Watch their antics closely from the boat.
- Cruise past the City of Mandurah and admire the magnificent homes that line the banks of the Estuary.
- Get some souvenir shopping done when you disembark and find your land legs again at the marina.
- Drive back to Perth to conclude your tour at your accommodation or be dropped off to your hotel or other location within Perth CBD and Northbridge.
Note: Penguin Island is not available from 2 June to 14 September due to Winter nesting season. (Please check tour availability.)
Fresh light lunch is included.
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $210.00pp
- Refreshments Available
- All Equipment
- Full Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Tours at Mandurah?
The minimum age for Tours at Mandurah is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Tours session at Mandurah last?
The average Tours session at our Mandurah centre is 120 minutes.
Is Tours Mandurah open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our Mandurah centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Tours Mandurah open for bookings at weekends?
Tours at Mandurah is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Tours Mandurah center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Tours Mandurah center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Tours Mandurah?
Yes you can buy Tours Mandurah gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Tours Mandurah vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Tours Mandurah?
The Tours Mandurah center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Tours at Mandurah?
The average package price of Tours at Mandurah $210.00. The lowest price is $210.00 with the most expensive option being $210.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
525 LocationsRedeem at 525 Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 525 Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Other Experiences at this location
Venue Ref: 1009158-250