1Choose your package
February March 3.00pm
Early April 2pm
April May August 1.30pm
Closed June July
September Early October 2.00pm
October November 3.00pm
Return time: Approximately 8 hours after departure. Less in winter, more in summer.
Travel direct to the Phillip Island Penguin Parade and watch the famous parade of penguins from the larger General Viewing seating area. The beachfront viewing stands and boardwalks offer great outlooks across the beach to start your viewing experience. Can you hear the ‘huk-huk’ of penguins as they gather in their groups and begin moving towards the shore? Watch closely as they emerge from the waves, then waddle across the beach toward their burrows in the dunes. One of the most fascinating wildlife events you will ever see.
Please Note: The Budget penguin viewing is good if you are happy to see smaller numbers of penguins. If you would like to see more penguins from a smaller seating area we recommend considering the Premium or Guided Ranger Tour options. The difference in price does not go to The Little Penguin Bus, it contributes to conservation and wildlife research projects on Phillip Island.
- A convenient Melbourne city centre afternoon departure. You have more free time to explore Melbourne!
- Learn about Melbourne as we travel out through the south-eastern suburbs.
- We include a short drink/snack/toilet break about halfway to the island.
- Enjoy a scenic drive around the edge of Westernport Bay to wonderful Phillip Island.
- Hear about the history of Phillip Island and the Penguin Parade.
- Take in the spectacular Bass Strait coastal views while on a short walk at The Nobbies. (depending on time available)
- Look for wild swamp wallabies, penguin burrows, sea birds and birds of prey while on a drive around Summerland Peninsula.
- We arrive at the Penguin Parade approximately one hour before the penguins are due to appear. There is time for dinner in the cafe or restaurant, souvenir shopping and learning more about the penguins in the Visitor Centre.
- Enjoy all of the penguin viewing time available, about one hour, in the General Viewing seating area (3000 seats) and along the boardwalks. We are always one of the last tour buses to leave.
- We will take you home to any accommodation in Melbourne's city centre, Docklands or Southbank.
- Commentary is provided throughout the day by your friendly professional driver/guide.
- All tours have a maximum of 11 passengers and we travel in comfortable aircon minibuses.
All tours depart from one central Melbourne location, The Rendezvous Hotel 328 Flinders Street Melbourne near Elizabeth Street. Most city centre hotels are within 15 minutes walk, often much less, or you can use our free city centre trams. Have a look at the map on our Contact page. Passengers will be returned to any city centre accommodation at the end of the tour. If your accommodation is outside the city centre/downtown area please ensure you have suitable transport available for when we return, approximately 8 hours after departure.
Included in price:
Return tour with commentary and Penguin Parade 'General Viewing' entry tickets. Meals and drinks are available for purchase at the Penguin Parade at your own expense.
What to bring:
Bring or wear warm waterproof comfortable clothing and closed shoes in any season. Bring a camera, although no photography of the penguins is permitted.
Childrens price includes children aged 4 to 15 years. Infants price includes children under 4.
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Tours at Melbourne?
The minimum age for Tours at Melbourne is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Tours session at Melbourne last?
The average Tours session at our Melbourne centre is 8 hours 20 minutes.
Is Tours Melbourne open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our Melbourne centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Tours Melbourne open for bookings at weekends?
Tours at Melbourne is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Tours Melbourne center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Tours Melbourne center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Tours Melbourne?
Yes you can buy Tours Melbourne gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Tours Melbourne vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Tours Melbourne?
The Tours Melbourne center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Tours at Melbourne?
The average package price of Tours at Melbourne $132.50. The lowest price is $120.00 with the most expensive option being $145.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
524 LocationsRedeem at 524 Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 524 Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
All Christmas gift cards are valid for 1 year from Christmas Day for no extra charge ... buy early with confidence!
Other Experiences at this location
Venue Ref: 1011860-250