1Choose your package
Participants must be aged 10 years or older. The price break down is - Adult aged 18-64, Concession is for people aged 65+ or a tertiary school student. The child price is for guests aged 10 - 17.Mt Field National Park is one of Tasmania's most loved national parks. The park has a wide variety of scenic features and wildlife and offers a great range of facilities for day visitors. Few other national parks in Australia offer such a diversity in vegetation, ranging from tall swamp gum forests and massive tree ferns at the base of the mountain, through rainforest along the Lake Dobson Road, to alpine vegetation at the higher elevations.
- Departs Hobart Travel and Information Centre - 7:20am (20 Davey Street)
- Drive along the Derwent River and learn the history of this rich agricultural region.
- Enjoy morning tea with plunger coffee/herbal tea and fruit
- Arriving at the Mount Field National Park, we drive the rustic roadway to the Mount Field ski fields.
- First off, we hike to the Tarn Shelf, a 2.5 hr trail via Lake Seal Lookout, Rodway Hut, returning via the Pencil Pines of the Pandani Grove Walk. - this 6km return trail involves some short, but steep uphill sections with some loose rocks.
- We enjoy lunch in a mountain hut or if weather permits, outside overlooking the Tarn Shelf and Broad River Valley.
- Hiking back down from the shelf, we finish this section with a short walk around the beautiful Lake Dobson.
- Finishing the afternoon we visit the iconic Russell Falls before hitting the road home.
- This 20min trail takes us under huge tree ferns and giant eucalyptus forests, some of the tallest trees on earth! Finishing up at Tasmania's most celebrated waterfall, Russell Falls.
- We aim to be back in Hobart at 5:30PM with complimentary accommodation drop-offs.
Walking time: 4 hours | Walking distance: 8KM
Terrain; Sub-alpine, mixed forest, rain forest, ski fields.
Track Rating: 3 - Some steep sections, loose rocks, exposed, partly board walked with signed tracks.
Food/Drinks: morning tea (plunger coffee/tea), picnic lunch
- alarm Duration: 1440
- person Age: All Ages
- people Group Size: Min 1 Max 6
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $115.00pp
- All Equipment
- Refreshments Available
- Tea / Coffee
- Full Instruction
- Licensed bar
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Tours at New Town?
The minimum age for Tours at New Town is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Tours session at New Town last?
The average Tours session at our New Town centre is 46 hours 40 minutes.
Is Tours New Town open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our New Town centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Tours New Town open for bookings at weekends?
Tours at New Town is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Tours New Town center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Tours New Town center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Tours New Town?
Yes you can buy Tours New Town gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Tours New Town vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Tours New Town?
The Tours New Town center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Tours at New Town?
The average package price of Tours at New Town $265.00. The lowest price is $115.00 with the most expensive option being $490.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
525 LocationsRedeem at 525 Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 525 Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your GeronigoÂ® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
Other Experiences at this location
Venue Ref: 1011128-250