1Choose your package
City to Summit Shuttle | Departs daily | 50 Minute Tour
The kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus departs daily from Hobart’s waterfront to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Rising 1270 metres above sea level, experience spectacular views over Hobart and southern Tasmania.
Great for bushwalkers and mountain bike riders. Use your One-Way Pass to do the 50 minute one-way tour to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Enjoy the natural beauty and serenity as you walk from kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart on well-marked bushwalking tracks. OR, bring your own bike for an exhilarating bike ride down the mountain.
The mountain features a surprisingly diverse landscape from shaded fern gullies to tall eucalypt forests and alpine boulder fields.
Enjoy professional and informative commentary from your driver as you learn all about the history and wildlife of Hobart’s beloved kunanyi/Mt Wellington, significant landmarks and local tips on what to see and do on the mountain.
- 50 minute one-way tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
- Make your own return journey from the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart. Go for an adventurous bushwalk or exhilarating mountain bike ride.
- The easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Duration: The one-way tour takes 50 minutes to complete.
Walk from The Pinnacle to Hobart: Approx. 3 hrs (13.6km)
Mountain bike from The Pinnacle to Hobart: Approx. 1 hr (17.8km)
Departure Point: Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
If you’ve booked bike freight, your bike MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
- One-Way Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map.
- Free Wi-Fi is available onboard the bus.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- Visit our Map & Timetable page to plan your day on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. There’s also a range of activities listed on our Bushwalking and Mountain Biking pages.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. On the winter timetable all services are wheelchair accessible. However, on the summer timetable some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email email@example.com to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the "Special Requirements" field at the time of booking.
- Available for all ages
- Packages start from $25.00pp
- Beginners Welcome
- All Equipment Provided
- Wheel Chair Access
- Full Instruction
question_answer Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum age for Tours at Hobart?
The minimum age for Tours at Hobart is suitable for all ages.
How long does an Tours session at Hobart last?
The average Tours session at our Hobart centre is 1 hour 40 minutes.
Is Tours Hobart open for bookings during the week?
Absolutely, however Tours is busiest at the weekend - and our Hobart centre is no exception. This means you might need a larger group monday through friday.
Is Tours Hobart open for bookings at weekends?
Tours at Hobart is busiest at the weekends so we'd definitely recommend booking in advance! Obviously, we'll always try to accommodate last minute Tours bookings but once the spots are booked up they are booked up!
How popular is the Tours Hobart center?
Geronigo® aims for all of our Tours locations to be amongst the the best and most popular, our Tours Hobart center is no exception. Book with confidence!
Can I buy a gift voucher for Tours Hobart?
Yes you can buy Tours Hobart gift vouchers either online or over the phone. Geronigo® gift vouchers are valid for 12 months, can be gift wrapped or for a last minute gift idea can be instant email delivered. Remember that any gift experience voucher from Geronigo® including our Tours Hobart vouchers can be used for booking at any of our thousands of Geronigo® adventure locations (for no extra charge!).
Where is Tours Hobart?
The Tours Hobart center is located at the following address. Please note that sometimes our Tours centers are difficult to find, please follow the directions on your booking receipt!
How much is Tours at Hobart?
The average package price of Tours at Hobart $30.00. The lowest price is $25.00 with the most expensive option being $35.00.
One Gift Card...Every Adventure!
12 MonthsValid for 12 Months
524 LocationsRedeem at 524 Tours Locations
A Further 5000 Locations Worldwide...
Our Gift Cards are not just awesome for our 524 Tours locations, they can be redeemed against any Geronigo adventure at nearly 5000 locations worldwide! Literally giving the lucky recipient access to over ten thousand action packed experience days.
If, within 7 days of purchasing your Geronigo® gift card, you change your mind for any reason. We will offer you a full refund, no questions asked! Subject to the voucher being unused and any postal vouchers being returned in good condition.
All Christmas gift cards are valid for 1 year from Christmas Day for no extra charge ... buy early with confidence!
Other Experiences at this location
Venue Ref: 1011900-250